The first pace was in 1416 (h), with rooted faith that investing in human beings is a long lasting process. The output isn’t just a number, but creative knowledge that provokes the brain and nourishes our tendencies, directions and values. With full awareness, RNS has realized the existing needs to find innovative educational projects that benefit from other superior and international experience. And foremost, to maintain the aborigine roots of a Muslim and Arabic human being and his sentiment and imbue this process with all the colors of the local environment.
September, 1995 – The Beginning:
- A small rented building
- Educational staff
- Patient steps restricted only for the lower elementary classes for boys and girls schools as well as kindergarten stages. The total number of students was 30 boys 40 girls.
- 4th and 5th elementary classes
- The number increased to 60 students (boys and girls)
- A full elementary stage
- The total number of students was 101 (boys and girls)
- A major qualitative and substantial leap took place in the 4th year of the schools journey which was represented in the new schools compound in ” Hamra District” of (35.000 square meters) without the services and parking spaces.
- Elementary, intermediate and secondary schools for boys.
- Elementary, intermediate and secondary schools for girls.
- KG1, KG 2 and preparatory school.
- A full closed gym that includes (tennis, squash, volleyball, basketball, billiards and body building)
- Health and fitness club.
- Two international swimming pools
- A number of different playgrounds (open and closed)
- Two medical clinics.
- A number of internal and external buffets.
- A group of science and language labs, tech centers, drawing halls, gold ,electronic and ceramics workshops, small mosques ( praying areas) and plantation spots, and so on …
- This ,of- course, accompanied with the classrooms, administrative offices for (principals , supervisors, coordinators and teachers) , meeting halls , training centers, libraries, special learning difficulties centers and educational resources centers as well as other related facilities.
Schools Campus Characteristics:
RNS have been careful that its campus includes a number of precise specifications connected with safety and security. This is by creating the proper atmosphere to reinforce the educational process such as:
- The regular classrooms with (7 x 7) which equals (49 square meters) width. With larger and wider classrooms available, too.
- The internal and external yards were designed to be open and straight to be easily monitored and supervised.
- The external windows were designed with no possibility to be opened from the outside, or to be damaged.
- All classrooms have big transparent glass windows that enable principals, academic supervisors and controllers to monitor classrooms without disturbing the educational process.
- Toilets were built open and in front of the schools controllers’ offices and each toilet is a separate unit (totally isolated).
- Each school has three stairs and additional emergency exits, and the roof-stairs has one door that doesn’t allow anyone to hide there.
- For students’ safety, classrooms cannot be locked from the inside.
- The schools furniture was designed according to the international and educational measurements and criteria that fit the age of the students, and be comfortable to them.
- Different long trees were planted around the schools to give the schools a beautiful and soothing view as the schools straight and stretched structure enables the students to see the trees almost from everywhere.
- The schools started its fourth year with 520 boys and 600 girls students, that were included in the elementary and intermediate stages, and 200 students in the KG and preparatory sections.
Carrying out with RNS plans of expanding, the secondary school was opened and another expansion have happened in the elementary and intermediate schools as the boys’ schools have included about (1000) students distributed in the three sections, as the same process have happened in the girls’ schools. As the schools pay a great attention to manual and artistic handwork, RNS have established occupational training workshops, electronic workshops, blacksmith, carpentry and ceramic workshops and welding workshops.
RNS has continued its journey with firmness and determination to predict the future searching for types of knowledge in space and time and distill from the springs of development and technology to water its future plantings.
September 2004, was the year of a constant RNS grown up proficiency which was the result of its nonstop efforts and continuous development. It included (1685) students in the boys’ section, and (1508) students in the girls’ section, in addition to that, ( 285) students in the kindergarten section.
September 2010 was a turning point in RNS History. In an endeavor to offer a challenging, inclusive international education designed to give every student opportunities for success within and beyond our school, create a good citizen, foster responsibility, encourage creativity , provide an education that equips students with life – skills and qualities needed to become thoughtful learners and enables each student intellectually and morally to excel as a successful, productive and responsible citizen in society RNS established the American Diploma Program.